Íshús Media Customer Persónuvernd
Why we collect personal information
We collect your personal information because it helps us deliver a superior level of customer service. It enables us to give you convenient access to our products and services and focus on categories of greatest interest to you. In addition, your personal information helps us keep you posted on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, and events that you might like to hear about.
If you do not want Íshús Media to keep you up to date with Íshús Media news, software updates and the latest information on products and services click www.ishus.is/samband/mina-upplysingar and update your personal contact information and preferences.
What information we collect and how we may use it
There are a number of situations in which your personal information may help us give you better products. For example:
- We may ask for your personal information when you're discussing a service issue on the phone with an associate, downloading a software update, registering for a seminar, participating in an online survey, registering your products, or purchasing a product.
- When you interact with Íshús Media, we may collect personal information relevant to the situation, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences; your credit card information and information about the Íshús Media products you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase; and information relating to a support or service issue.
- We also collect information for market research purposes — such as your occupation and where you use your computer — to get a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
- We collect information regarding customer activities on our websites. This helps us to determine how best to provide useful information to customers and to understand which parts of our websites, products, and Internet services are of most interest to them.
- We may use personal information to provide products that you have requested as well as for auditing, research, and analysis to improve Íshús Media’s products.
Your Íshús Media ID and related information
The Íshús Media website, as well as Íshús Media services, allows you to create an “Íshús Media ID” based on your personal information. This convenient service saves you time and allows for easier use of our web services. Here is how it works: You create a personal profile — providing your name, phone number, email address, and in some cases your mailing address or a credit card number — and choose a password and password hint (such as the month and day of your birth) for security. The system saves your information and assigns you a personal Íshús Media ID — in many cases simply your email address, because it’s unique and easy to remember. The next time you order from the Íshús Media Store all you need to do is enter your Íshús Media ID and password; the system looks up the information it needs to assist you. In addition, if you update the information associated with your Íshús Media ID it will be available for all your transactions with Íshús Media.
Persónuvernd er hjartans mál hjá Íshúsi Media. Meðferð persónuupplýsinga sem gestir vefsins kunna að láta frá sér fylgir í hvívetna lögum um persónuvernd og meðferð persónuupplýsinga nr. 77/2000. Ekki er safnað persónugreinanlegum upplýsingum um gesti vefsins án vitundar þeirra. Óskað er eftir upplýsingum um nafn, netfang, kennitölu og fleira eftir því sem við á, t.d. ef notandi hefur samband með tölvupósti eða hann óskar eftir að gerast áskrifandi að ákveðinni þjónustu á vefnum. Þess er gætt að eingöngu þeir er málið varðar hafi aðgang að slíkum upplýsingum og framseljum við þær aldrei til þriðja aðila. Íshús Media meðhöndlar allar upplýsingar er varða viðskiptavini sína með trúnaði.
If you have questions or concerns about Íshús Media's collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.